The Little Snake River Museum is located at 13 County Road 561 N; one block North of Highway70 in Savery, Wyoming. The Outlaw Stop is located at 250 North Penland Street on Highway 789.
The main LSR Museum Building was originally the Savery School. The school encompassed all grades until 1958 when the high school was closed. Elementary students attended the school until 1972, when the Little Snake River Valley Schools consolidated, which resulted in all students attending school in Baggs. The Carbon County School District #1 donated the building to the community for different events and the creation of the museum. With the addition of more land and buildings, the museum has grown to have 9 historic buildings and 2 interactive dwellings, and a replica of the Dixon main street at the turn of the century. All of the buildings are filled with exhibits and artifacts, made possible through the generosity of local residents or their families. The beautiful grounds in Savery also act as a great place for a family gathering or picnic.
Both locations are free and opened 7 days a week from May to October and are handicap accessible.
The old school today; housing the main building of the museum. It now hosts exhibits, office, gift shop, bathrooms, community kitchen and dining room.