In 1888, the Blair Cabin was built by John (Frenchie) and Emma Blair on their homestead between Baggs and Dixon. Built by hand using a broadax, the house served Frenchie and Emma through 62 years of marriage and saw the births of children, grandchildren, and even one great-grandchild. Many of the items displayed in the house are original to the home. Blair descendents, including Mary Hopf, Albert Robidoux, Emma McMillen, and May Emma Ogg, donated the home and many of its contents to the museum. In 1987, the house became a permanent part of the museum grounds.