If you would like to use the museum or have a question, please call
The Brown House was built at the beginning of the 20th Century by legendary Baggs resident and sometimes violinist for Butch Cassidy, Tom Vernon. One of the first residents of the home was popular seamstress Thora Morgan, who worked for Vernon. Later, music filled the house when Edgar Requa and his family moved into the home. Requa became well known for the music lessons and the violins he built out of fruit crates and cigar boxes for Snake River children. In the early 1950’s, the Brown House became the Baggs headquarters for the Cow Creek Sheep Company after owner John Kelly Hartt died. Leo and Maxine Morgan Craner bought the house to be used as a guest home. Years later, Jim and Mildred Craner Marshall donated the building to the Little Snake River Museum.
Tom Vernon of Baggs, Wyoming standing next to the little Brown House
Wes Vernon and Diane Powell in front of the Brown House. Tom Vernon was Wes and Diane's great-great-uncle.