The Madeline House was built in 1905 for Madeline Baker Adams, daughter of Jim Baker and his wife Marina. When Madeline's husband Frank was killed in a dispute over water Madeline took to freighting from Baggs to Rawlins in order to support herself and four children. When the boys were old enough, they took over the freighting business. Originally located in Dixon, the house was moved to the museum grounds in 2010. It was donated to the museum in 2010 by Paul and Fran McAllister and their family.